By now you probably know that I’m not a big fan of summer – and if you’re new here then you’re learning it now. I don’t really like summer! Don’t hate me though, ok? I know that I’m supposed to like summer and all that comes with it, but you just can’t force summer love you guys. You just can’t.
That being said, this summer I really am trying to do everything I can to enjoy the next three months. I’m determined to completely embrace it and spend this time doing inherently “summer” activities. This bucket list is going to help keep me on track!
Join me in these 10 adventures?
1. We recently played indoor mini-golf, but in the spirit of summer I want to play a round outside.
2. We got an awesome picnic basket as a wedding present, and I can’t wait to put it to good use this year.
3. There’s an adorable little gelato place just up the street – we can justify sitting outside in the heat if we’re snacking on a cool treat.
4. I want to read two easy and entertaining books, possibly while sitting poolside. Suggestions?
5. We went back in March, and it was so much fun. This time we can enjoy the movie with the sunroof open!
6. Is there anything more quintessentially “summer” than the smell of smoky food on the grill?
7. Hey burgers and hot dogs – make some room on the grill for a crusty pizza too.
8. I don’t care where we go, as long as it’s another city here in North Carolina. Exploring your own state can be just as fun as exploring a new one.
9. Particularly the Perseid shower, which occurs in mid-August.
10. For when the heat gets to be too much, obviously.
What’s on your summer bucket list?