I haven’t written a blog post in a month and a half, and while I’ve been enjoying the carefree life of not blogging, I’ve been wanting to do a catch up post for a bit, and I think the end of the year is the perfect time for it.
Before I get into what’s been happening in the last few months though, let’s talk about the future for a minute. I’m getting to the point where I think I’m ready to start blogging pretty regularly again in the near future. I’m working on a new look (and possibly/probably a new name!), as well as a new focus on content. I think the overall feel of the blog with be mostly the same as it has been, but a little more “me”, which I’m excited about. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for some exciting announcements!
Ok, let’s get caught up on the last few months.
1. TJ and I have been doing some updates to the house. We’ve replaced all the light switches and outlets so they are new and bright white, we’ve added new curtains to the dining room, we’ve replaced several light fixtures, and the most exciting thing we’ve added is this new sliding barn door for our downstairs half bathroom. I LOVE how our house is coming along.
2. & 3. The cats have continued to be adorable (no surprise there).
4. I turned 28 and celebrated with homemade (by my mom) vanilla cupcakes.
5. I continue to love hand lettering, and was so excited to be contacted by a family friend to make some wooden signs for Christmas presents.
6. TJ turned 30 and celebrated with homemade (by my mom, again) chocolate chip cookie cake.
7. TJ and I took a trip to an awesome resort in West Virginia for a weekend getaway that was SO much fun.
8. I had a blast lettering the envelopes for our Christmas cards.
9. I’ve been enjoying watching Steelers football every week (except for yesterday – I’m still mad about the game and I don’t want to talk about it).
10. We enjoyed some fun, cold weather activities before the weather got unseasonably warm.
11. We had a beautiful Christmas with my parents.
12. TJ wins the best husband ever award for surprising me with this amazing picture of Heinz Field for my office.
That pretty much sums up the last few months! Not pictured? Lots of binge-watching and trying to fit in as many walks as possible when the weather is nice.
What have you been up to lately? Fill me in!