Another weekend is in the books, and it was a great one! There was a good mix of business and pleasure, if you will. On the business side: I got my oil changed, and cleaned the inside of my car. On the pleasure side: I found time for lots of reading, we spent time with some friends, and TJ and I watched about 90 episodes of Breaking Bad. It was another weekend of great balance, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
1. Lately, I just can’t get enough of Carolina style pulled pork. When I first moved here, I thought it was gross, but now I want it all the time. It really does put other barbecue to shame.
2. We went to see The Way Way Back with some of our friends on Saturday, and it was so, so good.
3. There was a complete downpour on Saturday night, and it was wonderful. We even got caught out in it for a few minutes, which to me, is one of life’s simplest pleasures.
4. It’s only fitting that we watched Breaking Bad while drinking Hank’s Gourmet Root Beer. I tried to get a picture when Hank was on the screen, but of course he was nowhere to be found while I had the camera out and ready.
5. We got a complimentary issue of The Week magazine in the mail, and I was pleased with what a nice, fast read it was. When I traveled in college, I was the girl who read Newsweek on the plane, and I’ve found that I miss filling my mind with news articles – it’s definitely time to fit more of that in my life.
6. When we first got Riley, she moved around so much that it was hard to get a good picture of her. These days, she’s much more accommodating 🙂
7. Fun iPad background for the new month.
8. I’m pretty sure every blogger has read this book, but I still can’t get over how helpful it is. I often find myself skimming through the index for topics currently on my mind so I can get some insight. If by chance you don’t have it, I highly recommend picking this book up!
I’d love to hear about your weekend!
Linking up with Miss Sami!