A few months back, Nadine wrote a post of actual confessions, and I loved how open and honest she was. I’m in an honest kind of mood today, so here are some of my own confessions.
1. I want to buy a new house, but I’m afraid that once we actually do, I’ll miss our current house so much, because it will always be the first place we lived together.
2. Somewhere around age 19, I made the decision that I didn’t want to have kids, and I haven’t looked back since. TJ has always felt the same way, and I think it’s part of what makes our relationship great. Sometimes, I subconciously feel like it’s something we’ll have to do at some point, and I get really anxious, until I remember that we don’t have to, and no one will ever force us to. The complete relief I feel when I remember that we don’t have to have kids is part of what makes me certain that we’ve made the right choice for us.
3. That being said, I have two baby names in the back of my head, just in case something drastic happened and we changed our minds. No, I won’t tell you what they are, because I don’t want you to steal them, and yes I realize that is insane.
4. One final kid-related confession: I think it’s really fascinating to read other people’s “bumpdates” and birth stories. Maybe it’s because I know I’ll never go through it myself and it’s just a morbid curiosity, or maybe I just like to solidify in my mind that no, I really never want to do it. Either way, I could read those stories for days.
5. I’m really slow to reply to blog comments, but each one seriously makes my day. I don’t really do “goals”, but if there are 2 things that I want to improve at, it’s responding to comments more quickly and reading more books this year.
6. Speaking of reading, over the last year, I’ve done a horrible job at keeping up with it. I bought at least 4 books last year that I didn’t end up finishing, just because I’d rather skim Buzzfeed before bed instead of diving into a book. It embarrasses me, and I’m doing what I can to read more everyday, and not get as distracted by the black hole of the internet.
7. I took off the sponsoring options on my blog when I switched over to WordPress, and ended up kind of loving how freeing it felt. I think I might be ready to bring them back though.
8. I also took about two months off of lining up blogs to sponsor, and that was kind of nice too. Most of January was just about writing my blog the way I did before I knew anything about “blogging rules” and “the blogging community”.
9. I get stressed and grumpy when I know that I have to spend a lot of time away from home. My definition of “away” in this sense is basically more than 2 hours in addition to a work day. (In short, 10 or more hours away from home stresses me out).
10. As a lifelong introvert (who has never wanted to be an extrovert), I think it’s kind of annoying that being an introvert has become popular lately, and it bugs me when over-the-top people, who constantly talk about going out, also talk about what an introvert they are.
11. I hate disagreeing with people, so unless it’s an extreme case, I will agree with just about anyone on just about anything, just to keep the peace, and not ruffle their feathers. Ex. Person 1: “Man, I hate how cold it is out there. I can’t wait until summer.” Me: (thinking: no way, I love winter and chilly days.) “I know – winter has felt long this year!”
12. TJ is an exception to number 11, in that I feel like I can always tell him what I really think, even if we don’t agree. I’ve never felt that level of being completely comfortable with anyone else, and finally having that is a wonderful feeling.
13. I’m a little bummed that TJ and I will never have nieces and nephews, since we’re both only children.
14. I want to write a cookbook more than just about anything, but it also scares me more than just about anything.
15. My real life friends and family all know about my blog, and most of the time, I even share links to my posts on my personal Facebook page (sorry if that’s annoying), but I didn’t share a link to the post I wrote on Friday, because I was afraid it would come off the wrong way. I probably won’t share the link to this post either.
Have anything you’d like to get off your chest? I’d love to hear it.