5 things we ate:
1. Chicken sate with jasmine rice
2. Breakfast burritos with eggs, spicy sausage, and cheese
3. Extremely overstuffed beef and rice peppers
4. Pulled pork panini and lemon chicken with veggies
5. The most stellar cheese plate made of gouda, dill havarti, and warmed brie.
4 blog posts I enjoyed reading:
1. Whitney’s guide on how to create a custom iOS blog icon
2. Tami’s post on why she won’t write sponsored posts for free
3. Amanda’s tips on growing your Instagram following
4. Sarah’s informative post on the Bloglovin’ “like” button
3 forms of media consumed:
Read – The Moment: Wild, Poignant, Life-Changing Stories from 125 Writers and Artists Famous and Obscure Edited by Larry Smith (about 31% in so far)
Watched – Preseason football
Listened to – The Beethoven station on Pandora – awesome for when you need to concentrate, but don’t want to work in complete silence
1 thing I want to remember from the last week:
It’s been a long and kind of stressful several weeks (and that pattern looks to be continuing over the next coming weeks), so TJ and I started our weekend early on Friday afternoon and headed to a local hotel for a budget-friendly getaway. It was so nice to relax away from home, hit up the hotel’s hot tub, order in room service, and get lost in the final season of The Killing on Netflix.
Have you ever stayed in a local hotel to feel like you’re getting away? Do you watch The Killing? What are your thoughts on the final season?!