As you could probably guess, most of my Super Bowl themed posts this week will revolve around game day recipes. Today, however, I’m excited to share a little game that you can play during the, well, game.
Last year, TJ and I watched the Super Bowl with Kristin and her husband and we played a similar game through ESPN. We decided that everyone would give a $5 Amazon gift card to the person with the most points at the end of the night, and it was a lot of fun. This year, I decided to make my own version, explained below.
1. Each person fills out the form before kickoff.
2. You get one point for every correct answer.
3. The person with the most points at the end of the game wins.
Now, in case you’re unsure about some of the items on the list, let’s take a quick look at them one by one.
1. Designate someone to time the National Anthem. The winner with the closest time (without going over – Price is Right style) wins a point.
2. Choose heads or tails; watch the coin toss with bated breath.
3. Generic product is fine – food, drink, car, etc.
4. So, a Safety is basically when an offensive player is brought down in their own end zone, which results in 2 points for the other team. They don’t happen often, but they do happen.
5. You know when the refs throw out the yellow flags? Pick which team will get the first flag thrown against them.
6. Broncos or Seahawks?
7. Which action will be the first to get points on the board? For your reference – a safety is worth 2 points, a field goal is 3 points, and a touchdown is 6 points (with the option to make it 7 with an extra point kick or 8 with a 2-point conversion).
8. Bruno Mars is performing the half time show, with an appearance by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
9. Total number of points scored between both teams at the end of the game.
10. You’ve got a 50-50 chance! (If you’re curious, I’m pulling for the Seahawks)
If you want to play this on Sunday, here’s a printable version of the game!