It’s Monday morning, and time to get back in action! Somehow my 5 day weekend went by so much faster than 5 days at work usually does. How exactly does that work? It’s a conspiracy, I tell ya. So, usually going back to work after a long break is rough, but the fact that I only have 14 days of work left for all of 2013 is definitely helping. Christmas vacation, hurry on up, please.
Did you all have a good Thanksgiving? Ours was really nice, and absolutely filled with food, friends, family, and football. Speaking of football, the heartbreaking end to the Steelers/Ravens game on Thursday night was the only bad part of my vacation. It still stings, but I’m trying to get over it.
All right, here’s some of the stuff that we were up to over our time off…
1. TJ’s birthday was on Wednesday, so I did a little quote doodle on his card.
2. TJ’s not a fan of cake (why?!), so we celebrated with his favorite treat, a gigantic cookie cake.
3. I watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with my dad on Thursday morning – our annual tradition.
4. I was on macaroni and cheese duty for the big meal.
5. A rousing game of cutthroat Uno broke out on Thanksgiving evening!
6. I enjoyed watching the Steelers game up until the final seconds, when my heart was shattered into a million little pieces.
7. Riley and I took a selfie and it was adorable.
8. A Friday afternoon walk with TJ’s mom and her dog.
9. My favorite part of the day – when the sun is setting and the trees look like silhouettes.
10. Round 2 of TJ’s birthday celebration, this time with my parents.
11. Every year, we go with my parents to Neighbor Boy to pick out their Christmas tree. It’s such a fun tradition!
12. We found their tree! Looking forward to decorating it with them this week.
Now, tell me all about your Thanksgiving!
Linking up with Sami