Happy Monday! Notice anything different around here? That’s right, I finally switched over to WordPress! This is something TJ and I have been talking about for months, and we finally bit the bullet and switched it all over last night. If things look a little wonky over the next few days, cut me some slack, because there very well could be some stuff that we missed, but overall, the switch went really smoothly. I’ve gotta give TJ a special shout out for doing all of the hard stuff, and making it as easy as possible for me. It definitely pays to have a husband who does all things web development for a living. (Shameless plug: if you’re thinking of switching to WordPress, would like a new blog design, or need a new website from scratch, TJ would be more than happy to work with you!)
So, here we are on Monday morning, and the only thing separating me from a SEVENTEEN day vacation is four days of work. I’m in a “let’s do this” mindset, and am hoping that these four days of work fly on by. And then time can promptly slow way down during my time off. Please and thank you.
Also, I’ve gotta mention the Steelers game last night – we had a nice, solid win against the Bengals, and while making it into the playoffs is more than a long shot, we’re technically still alive. If nothing else, we played with a lot of heart last night, and it was an exciting game to watch.
1. I made a huge batch of homemade salsa on Saturday morning. I’ve only really been cooking and baking for the last 3-4 years, but I’ve been making homemade salsa since I was about 13. It’s one of our family’s favorites!
2. Every year, we go to my parents’ house to watch the Army/Navy game. My dad spent 22 years in the Navy, and it was such a huge part of my life growing up, so the game has a lot of meaning to us. The Navy beat the Army for the 12th year in a row! As we always say, “go Navy, beat Army!”
3. In honor of the game, I wore this delicate anchor bracelet that was a birthday gift from my mom this year.
4. TJ and I in front of my parents’ Christmas tree after the game.
5. Possibly the most delicious breakfast of all time – our own version of a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.
6. I started wrapping presents this weekend! It’s hard to believe that Christmas is less than 10 days away.
7. My Birchbox came, and the box was even lovelier than usual this month.
8. Because no Weekend Snapshot would be complete without an adorable cat picture.
Tell me about your weekend!