Somehow it’s already Monday again, but seeing as it’s my last full week of work for the rest of the year, I’m mostly ok with it. The overwhelming themes of our weekend? Christmas, food, and cats (as seen in the pictures below). We watched a few Christmas movies, ate some delicious stuff, took some adorable cat pictures, and then a little piece of me died at the end of the Steelers game. Did any of you see the final play? It was equally incredibly exciting and incredibly heartbreaking.
Also, I kind of started using Instagram this weekend. I’ve had an account for a while, but I usually only post once every 22 weeks or so. I’m always incredibly reluctant to try out “new” social media sites, (because I’m 80, remember?) but I think I’m ready for it. So, want to be friends on Instagram? My account is ashleynevis, and if you leave your account in the comments, I’ll follow you too. I currently have 3 followers – help me transition into it?
1. We put up our tree on Friday night, and the cats were all over it. Especially Riley, who helped untangle the lights.
2. Taby was more about just posing and looking generally adorable.
3. If I’m baking in December, then I’ve gotta be using my Christmas tree spatula.
4. Home Alone 2 with TJ and my parents – easily the BEST Christmas movie of all time.
5. I know pumpkin spice everything kind of got a bad wrap this year, but these pumpkin spice waffles are surprisingly delicious.
6. We have a basket full of blankets next to our couch, and it’s become Taby’s favorite napping spot.
7. I started addressing our Christmas cards on Saturday, and I decided to get a little creative with it. Since I didn’t want to blast all of our friends’ and family’s addresses, here’s a sample for my favorite New Mexico couple.
8. The most delicious grilled chicken sandwich during the Steelers game.
Tell me about your weekend!