Happy Monday! You know what I just realized? There are only 3 full weeks of work until Thanksgiving, which is crazy and awesome at the same time. I don’t want to rush time too quickly, but I sure am looking forward to that 5-day weekend, time with family, delicious food, and Black Friday shopping. For now though, I’ll focus on this past weekend. One of the highlights of my weekend was on Friday night, when Kristin and I went to the NC Blogger Buzz fall event, hosted by Ashley and Angela. It was so much fun to meet several other Raleigh-area bloggers, and Chelsea gave a great talk on balancing life with blogging. I can’t wait to attend the next session, and in the meantime, I look forward to getting to know my new blogging friends, and catching up on their blogs.
Here’s some of the other stuff we were up to:
1. Friday was the most perfect rainy fall day. I’m not sure I’ll ever get used to how pretty the trees look when the leaves are burning yellow, orange, and red.
2. TJ and I had a quick dinner from Subway on Friday night, before I headed to the Blogger Buzz, and I tried the Honey Oat bread for the first time – delicious!
3. The Blogger Buzz event was held at an adorable boutique called Vestique.
4. The swag table – we got some cute little goodies to take home with us. What a fun night!
5. Taby and I took a little nap on Saturday afternoon while TJ was working on car stuff.
6. I spent tons of time in the kitchen on Saturday, making two recipes to post this week, beef stir fry for dinner (with tons of squash and zucchini), and breakfast yesterday morning. Working in the kitchen really is my happy place, and I love having days were I can spend hours making new things.
7. I love the “fall back” time change so much! Although because of it, TJ and I were up before 6am on Sunday.
8. Since we did get up so early, I seized the opportunity to make us these pumpkin muffin tops, a la Panera. They super easy and so good. And now we have breakfast for the rest of the week.
Now, tell me about your weekend!
Linking up with Sami