We left town on Thursday night and flew to TJ’s hometown of Rochester, NY for a long weekend, and it was so much fun! We both decided to take a few days off from our laptops, and it felt great to mostly unplug for several days, although we did have our iPads, haha.
We got back last night, and now it’s back to the real world, which is exactly why this Weekend Snapshot is happening on Tuesday, instead of Monday. We always have such a nice time when we’re visiting Rochester, but this time we did a few things that we haven’t done before, which was great. I decided to share a few more than my usual 8 weekend pictures, especially since there was an extra two days to our weekend.
How did you guys spend Labor Day weekend?
Watkins Glen State Park
Driving from Rochester to Watkins Glen and back
5. A map of the Finger Lakes
6. Sometimes it looked like we were in Italy instead of New York.
7. Beautiful old buildings were sprinkled throughout each little town we drove through.
8. We saw a Google Maps car!
Sightseeing in Rochester
9. We took a trip to the Rochester Museum & Science Center to see an awesome exhibit about Tesla coils.
10. An amazing church in the heart of Rochester.
11. A sweet little statue in the Art Park.
12. Snapping photos of my reflection in one of the pieces in the Art Park.
Random shots from the trip
13. On the plane to Rochester.
14. Lunch at our favorite place for garbage plates – one of the best meals of all time!
15. Our friends Mark and Jackie got engaged on Friday, and we were so happy to be in town to celebrate with them on Sunday!
16. On our flight home to Raleigh.
Linking up with Sami!