I started this little blog back in August, but other than my About page, I’ve never done an introduction on who I am. Ten months late sounds like as good a time as any if you ask me! So, if you’re a new reader, someone who’s been following along since the beginning (I’m looking at you, Mom!), or someone in between, I hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about the girl behind the blog. And if you could not care less, rest assured that I have a delicious recipe coming your way later in the week.
1. Celebrities I’ve met: Topanga (from Boy Meets World), Stephanie (from Full House), and Alex Trebek (no need to include his IMDB page – everyone knows who he is). Jealous?
2. I spent 6 years of my childhood living in Canada and Panama, and I was devastated to move back to the States. I even told my parents that I would move back to Panama the day that I turned 18. I’ll just go ahead and let you know how that story ends – I didn’t.
3. My fingers are extremely double-jointed and I can pop a dime out of my index finger, which makes for a cool party trick. In general though, I’m pretty self-conscious about people staring at my fingers, and I tried to hide it from TJ for months.
4. I had to memorize the French national anthem in high school and I still know it by heart. Sometimes I say (not sing) it to impress people into thinking I know more French than I really do.
5. I can recite the 50 states alphabetically in about 20 seconds. Another example of having to memorize something many years ago, and remembering it for the rest of my life. My memory works in mysterious ways.
Food: Arroz con Pollo from an authentic Mexican restaurant
Date: September 1st – I realize that it’s kind of weird to have a favorite date out of the year, but every September 1st, it’s like a flip is switched inside me and a more fun, vibrant version of myself comes alive. It lasts until about mid-February. Again, I totally acknowledge that this is weird.
not a fan of:
1. When people have their windshield wipers going faster than they should for the amount of rain that’s falling.
3. Repetitive noises
4. Being called “dear”, “sweetie”, “honey”, etc.
5. When people use your/you’re incorrectly.
There you have it – yours truly in a nutshell.
And just so I don’t feel like this post is 100% self-centered, here’s some links to a few of the blogs I’ve recently been reading:
Check them out, and tell them I sent you!