I started this little blog back in August, but other than my About page, I’ve never done an introduction on who I am. Ten months late sounds like as good a time as any if you ask me! So, if you’re a new reader, someone who’s been following along since the beginning (I’m looking at you, Mom!), or someone in between, I hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about the girl behind the blog. And if you could not care less, rest assured that I have a delicious recipe coming your way later in the week.
1. Celebrities I’ve met: Topanga (from Boy Meets World), Stephanie (from Full House), and Alex Trebek (no need to include his IMDB page – everyone knows who he is). Jealous?
2. I spent 6 years of my childhood living in Canada and Panama, and I was devastated to move back to the States. I even told my parents that I would move back to Panama the day that I turned 18. I’ll just go ahead and let you know how that story ends – I didn’t.
3. My fingers are extremely double-jointed and I can pop a dime out of my index finger, which makes for a cool party trick. In general though, I’m pretty self-conscious about people staring at my fingers, and I tried to hide it from TJ for months.
4. I had to memorize the French national anthem in high school and I still know it by heart. Sometimes I say (not sing) it to impress people into thinking I know more French than I really do.
5. I can recite the 50 states alphabetically in about 20 seconds. Another example of having to memorize something many years ago, and remembering it for the rest of my life. My memory works in mysterious ways.
Food: Arroz con Pollo from an authentic Mexican restaurant
Date: September 1st – I realize that it’s kind of weird to have a favorite date out of the year, but every September 1st, it’s like a flip is switched inside me and a more fun, vibrant version of myself comes alive. It lasts until about mid-February. Again, I totally acknowledge that this is weird.
not a fan of:
1. When people have their windshield wipers going faster than they should for the amount of rain that’s falling.
3. Repetitive noises
4. Being called “dear”, “sweetie”, “honey”, etc.
5. When people use your/you’re incorrectly.
There you have it – yours truly in a nutshell.
And just so I don’t feel like this post is 100% self-centered, here’s some links to a few of the blogs I’ve recently been reading:
Kisses and Croissants
Helene in Between
LB in Wonderland
Back East Blonde
Check them out, and tell them I sent you!
May 30, 2013
I love all of these random facts! And I hate when people call me sweetie, dear, etc too. Even if they’re just trying to be nice, it makes me feel like I’m twelve.
May 31, 2013
Hey! Thanks for the shout out 🙂 I LOVE reading Back East Blonde. She’s one of the few that I check every day. I call people dear all the time. Haha. I’ll make sure never to call you that!
May 31, 2013
well i am so honored to be on the list!!!! and love all your facts!
May 31, 2013
You’re fun and THIS is fun 🙂 But.. grey isn’t a color..
June 14, 2013
Oooh I feel so special to be on your list! Thanks for thinking of me! 🙂
September 17, 2014
So, I stumbled upon your blog by searching for Raleigh bloggers (that’s the short story) – was reading your “about me” and saw that you lived in Panama. Is that Panama as in Central America?
If so, how bizarre because I lived in Panama too and am now living in Raleigh! I’m going to search your blog for Panama entries and hope I find some! What a magical place to live! 🙂
September 18, 2014
Hey Amy! This is so crazy – I’ve never met anyone else that lived in Panama (other than the people I knew when I was there). And seriously, how crazy that you’re in Raleigh now too?! I lived in Panama from 1993-1996, because my dad was in the Navy and stationed there. When were you there? Were you there because of the military too? Ah, I have so many questions! I was there from ages 5-8, so I went to school there at Howard Elementary School. Hoping there are some connections between us! Thanks for reaching out 🙂
September 29, 2014
Windshield wipers…that’s a funny one. Of all colors, why Grey?? Lol