Before I get started, I have to say how happy I am that it’s September 1st! Today is my all-time favorite day of the year, because it’s the start of all of my favorite days of the year. Football is starting (!!), the weather will finally start cooling down, my birthday is in October, TJ’s is in November, and of course the holidays are on their way. Hooray for September! Also, hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!
5 things we ate:
1. The perfect mid-morning snack.
2. It still totally blows my mind that these microwavable potato chips come out as crispy as kettle chips every single time. So good!
3. For the record, I am totally ok with fries taking up half of my plate and steak taking up less than 1/4 of it.
4. Tasty beef tacos for a quick dinner.
5. A killer grilled cheese with a delicious vinaigrette dressing.
4 blog posts I enjoyed reading:
1. Jess’s story about taking a leap and starting a new chapter of her life
2. Amberly’s post on fighting fair in your marriage
3. Melyssa’s list of ten minute tips for your blog and business
4. Kate’s awesome post on getting some perspective
3 forms of media consumed:
Read – The Romantics by Galt Niederhoffer (about 35 pages in so far)
Watched – Grey’s Anatomy (I stopped watching it a few years ago, but I’ve started watching it from the beginning again on Netflix. Season 2 is so good!)
Listened to – The 80s pop station on Pandora
1 thing I want to remember from the last week:
My dad has been dealing with a health scare for the past few weeks, and on Monday we got the fantastic news that he is totally ok, and all is good! It was a great moment to find out that everything we’ve been worrying about isn’t a reality.
Did you catch my post on Chili’s at Home? Check it out!