Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
For a few weeks now, I’ve been trying to think of a way to revamp my “weekend snapshot” posts, while still dedicating a post to documenting some of the little parts of our everyday life. I’ve decided to start doing “weekly snapshots” instead, which will take place in a “5, 4, 3, 2, 1” format, and will focus on more than just a few pictures from the weekend. It’s hard, because I know “recap” posts aren’t typically fan favorites, but I will absolutely love being able to look back at little snapshots of our life several years from now, so it’s a bit of a catch-22. Anyway, happy Monday, and I hope you enjoy the new feature!
5 things we ate:
1. Fresh and delicious watermelon
2. An old school favorite snack – Fruit Roll-Ups (on sale for $1 at Target!)
3. Frozen yogurt: mint yogurt, Oreos, and Cool Whip for me, chocolate and mocha yogurt, fruit, marshmallows, and a cinnamon chocolate waffle cone for TJ
4. A strawberry smoothie from Panera
5. Jalapeno ketchup that is seriously out of this world
4 blog posts I enjoyed reading:
1. Bonnie’s 54 reasons why marriage is worth it
2. Alex’s sad story about dealing with discrimination
3. Whitney’s post about building a home
4. Heather’s new “His and Her” series
3 forms of media consumed:
Read – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Watched – Hostages (finally got through the backlog of episodes on our DVR!)
Listened to – Everlasting Arms by Vampire Weekend
1 thing I want to remember from last week:
I stayed up several hours past when I usually go to sleep just to finish reading The Fault in Our Stars. I know, I know, I’m like 2 years behind on reading it. I’m not sure if I’ve ever stayed up late to finish a book, but it was fun and a little exhilarating, and I think I need to do it more often.
How was your week/weekend?