I can’t complain too much though – I had such an awesome vacation filled with lots of family time and relaxation. It feels a little weird to do a weekend snapshot post when I’m coming off such a long weekend, so here’s a little look at what we’ve been up to since New Year’s Eve/the beginning of 2014.
1. Glittery New Year’s Eve Nails.
2. I surprised TJ with a small present to open every hour from 3pm to midnight on New Year’s Eve.
3. To ring in 2014, TJ and I stayed in a local hotel, which was so relaxing.
4. It had an insanely nice kitchen, including a full-size fridge!
5. We had several lazy days that involved lots of cat cuddles.
6. I finally organized all of my cookbooks and am challenging myself to only cook out of cookbooks this year. I even had the time to schedule out every single blog recipe that I plan to make this year – talk about being ahead of schedule!
7. I’ve been glued to the playoffs all weekend.
8. I had a complete off-day in the kitchen on Saturday, and had to completely scrap what I started making with these chocolate chips. More on that tomorrow…
Now, tell me about your first weekend of 2014!