I can pretty much sum up our weekend in three words.
Football. Rain. Strawberries.
In other words, it was awesome!
1. My drive home from work on Friday night was perfectly rainy and dreary.
2. A rainy and dreary drive home like that almost always calls for The Shins, so I started with A Comet Appears and let shuffle do the rest of the work.
3. After work on Friday, TJ and I went to Dave and Buster’s with our friends Kristin and Nick. It was a lot of fun, but a little more expensive than any of us were expecting? Maybe we’ll keep it to a once a year type thing.
4. Strawberries are one of my favorite snacks, and I’m excited to have this adorable berry basket to store them in now, thanks to my mother-in-law.
5. Nothing says “balanced breakfast” quite like a helping of strawberries and half a chocolate muffin, right?
6. We kept seeing tornado warnings on Saturday afternoon, but the weather was completely calm. Then, out of nowhere, it started raining sideways and the wind was blowing like crazy. Luckily, our power only flickered, and we didn’t get any wind damage.
7. We had the news on to track the storm, and Riley was completely fascinated by it.
8. Savoring the last few weeks of the football season.
Now, tell me about your weekend!
January 13, 2014
You guys had some great rainy weather! We had a mixture of rain and snow, it’s been an odd weather weekend in Utah 😛
January 16, 2014
We had a mixture of rain and snow this morning for the first time this winter! It only lasted for about 30 minutes though, haha
January 14, 2014
haha – half the chocolate muffin! You have more restraint than I would!
Thats so cute – I wonder why so fascinated by it. Still so cute!
January 16, 2014
It helped that I split the muffin with TJ, haha, otherwise it would have been so tempting to eat the whole thing!