5 things I’m thankful for:
1. My family, which includes TJ, my parents, my in-laws, and TJ’s grandparents. They’re all awesome, and I’m glad they’re all part of my life.
2. The fact that I get to go home for lunch every day. It’s a simple little part of my day that I really enjoy.
3. Cold weather, because it feels awesome, and it allows my hair to be significantly less frizzy.
4. Our 3 cats, because they’re almost always hilarious.
5. The Steelers’ two game winning streak. Call me crazy, but it’s giving me a little hope for the rest of the season.
4 Thanksgiving foods I’m looking forward to:
1. Turkey, of course. Give me the dark meat, please.
2. My mom’s pumpkin crunch dessert that is just so good.
3. This stuffing – it’s safe to say I’m obsessed.
4. TJ’s mom’s homemade peppermint patties (seriously amazing).
3 Thanksgiving traditions that I love:
1. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with my dad. We do it every year, while poor mom is slaving away in the kitchen. But we help her afterward?
2. Watching football all day long. On a Thursday!
3. Staying up all night to go black Friday shopping at midnight. Watch out Kohl’s and Target, we’re coming for you.
2 things that will make this Thanksgiving a unique one:
1. The Steelers play this year. If they end up losing, I’d like to just apologize in advance to my family – I’ll try not to let it ruin my mood.
2. We’ve all been going to my aunt and uncle’s house for the past few years, but this year we’ll be eating at my parents’ house.
1 memory from last Thanksgiving:
1. Last year was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, so it was extra special. Also, I stayed up all night to go Black Friday shopping, and I didn’t even end up buying anything.