A Weekend Snapshot on a Tuesday?! That’s right, newly twenty-six year old Ashley is keeping it fresh around here. To celebrate my birthday, TJ and I went to Charlotte on Friday night, and came home on Sunday afternoon. It was so much fun, and completely relaxing, which is exactly what I was hoping for. After we got home on Sunday, we went to my parents’ house to watch the Steelers game (they won again!!), have some cake, and even open a few presents (!!). Then, yesterday, TJ and I took the day off, and we did a whole lot more relaxing around the house, before going out to dinner with my parents. It was such a special, fantastic weekend, and I feel very lucky to be surrounded by my loving family. Also, looking back over the pictures, we ate a lot of delicious food over the last few days – food pictures make up most of the images below. I promise that we did more than just eat though?
1. The ultimate road trip snacks – coffee (frozen for me, hot for TJ), Slim Jims, and carrots.
2. Oh, and we discovered the most amazing caffeinated chocolate.
3. The bathroom in our hotel room.
4. After we made it to our hotel, we went out for dinner at Duckworth’s, and it was so amazing. My pulled pork sandwich obsession is as strong as ever, and their sandwich was out of this world. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we went back for dinner on Saturday night too. And I might have gotten the pulled pork sandwich again. So good.
5. Our hotel breakfast, which was almost too pretty to eat. Almost, but not.
6. The weather was my very favorite kind – cold, cloudy, and rainy.
7. We did a little exploring around the area near our hotel, and eventually ended up stopping for a snack at City Tavern.
8. Just before going out for dinner on Saturday night.
9. Birthday breakfast at Panera – I had to get my free breakfast pastry!
10. So excited for the Steelers/Ravens game.
11. The insanely delicious vanilla and strawberry birthday cake that my mom made for me.
12. Riley is seriously my new Steelers good luck charm. She MUST watch every game with us for now on.
Lastly, on Saturday night, we had a view of the most insane sunset from our hotel room. I took about 800 photos during it, but I’ll only make you suffer through 4 of them. You’re welcome.
Is it too late in the week to link up with Sami?