I can hardly believe that our 4-day weekend is over! Monday sure did get here a lot faster than I hoped it would. I decided to take those 4 days completely off from blogging and answering emails, and it was refreshing in the best way. Sometimes the mind and body just need a few days with no responsibilities, and nothing but total relaxation.
These pictures are all from the 4th, which we spent with my family at my aunt & uncle’s house. I’ll be sharing more pictures from our weekend later in the week, with a photo-an-hour project that I did on Saturday.
1. I started the day off with a homemade caramel iced coffee. I’ve been trying to successfully make a delicious iced coffee at home, and I finally found success!
2. I rocked my first ever sock bun that day – pretty sure that makes me a real, official blogger, right? Also, not sure why it looks a little like the top of my hair is grey? It doesn’t look like that in real life.
3. We watched the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, which is my favorite July 4th tradition. It’s the time of the year where I really start longing for the football season to start, so I’ll take any kind of “sport” that I can get. Joey Chestnut fan for life!
4. The garden at my aunt and uncle’s house.
5. Just one part of the fireworks setup that we had in the backyard.
6. My dad having some fun with the sparklers.
7. Red, white, and blue glow bracelet accessories.
8. Happy Independence Day!
How did you spend July 4th?
I’m linking up with Rachel and Carly today!