1. Tomorrow is my Friday – yay for 3-day work weeks!
2. Our new cat, Riley, is starting to really fit in with Owen and Taby, and it makes life much easier.
3. Football starts in just about 2 months (finally!!)
4. TJ and I have no plans for the extended weekend, and I couldn’t be happier. Tons of time relaxing together is my favorite way to spend our days off.
5. Easy summer desserts that you can make the night before, allowing for more time with friends and family without sacrificing delicious taste – namely this Cookies & Ice Cream Cheesecake!
1 pkg chocolate chip cookies, divided
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 qt French vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
Finely crush 20 cookies to form crumbs. Mix with the melted butter, and press into the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined.
Stir in the ice cream, mixing completely.
Chop 16 cookies and stir into the ice cream mixture.
Gently spread over the crust, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Top with the remaining cookies and enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe